Your advantages link2rail
- Customized functions
- Simplification of your work processes
- Access to all services through different channels
- Work in a modern and flexible architecture
Get a quick overview of DB Cargo's international rail freight services.
Here you can take a look at a graphical representation of our most important products, divided into four categories:
- Networks: across Europe and as far as Asia
- Shuttles: fast, high-frequency direct connection
- Industry solutions: our special products, e.g. for transporting chemicals or steel
- Fast corridors: regular links between European industrial centres
The graphical representation shows the freight stations, multimodal terminals, hubs and ports, the locations of the DB Cargo national companies as well as product details, running times and contact details.
You can request an individual offer for your transport requirement by clicking on the "Search connection" button. Simply select your departure and destination stations and send the request directly to our customer service.
We will gladly take care of your transport request. Use our form and we will let you know without obligation what we can do for you.
Here you can search for the most important information on 12,000 freight railway stations in 29 European countries online and have fare distances calculated between the freight railway stations.
The DIUM (Distancier international uniforme marchandises) is a directory of all European freight traffic points, published by the International Railway Union (UIC).
The “Güterbahnhöfe DIUM” online tool makes all information stored in the DIUM accessible to you as a user.
- Railway station search: Displays information relating to freight railway stations and loading points
- Distance search: Calculates the distance between individual railway stations/loading points
- Marks of reference: Gives an overview of customs clearance conditions at the respective freight railway station
- DIUM profile: As a regular user, allows you to permanently save pre-settings in a profile in the selection of border crossings.
Older DIUM information: You can always find the most up-to-date DIUM information in the Internet application. Older data can be found as a PDF file on the webpages of the UIC.
EcoTransIT World supplies decision-making aids for the choice of modes of transport from an ecological perspective.
With EcoTransIT World, companies can work out quickly and comprehensibly which transport mode can take their goods to their destination in the most environmentally-compatible manner. EcoTransIT World determines the ecological balance of different modes of transport for global transport flows (lorry, ship, aeroplane, train) which contains both energy consumption and the emission of CO2- and other air pollutants. And all of that in just a few clicks.
You can find further information and scientific bases regarding EcoTransIT World here (Balance Sheet).
Industrial companies which have their own sustainability management systems are increasingly using EcoTransIT World and are opting ever more frequently for transport solutions which are not only sustainable from an economic perspective, but also an ecological perspective. The calculation method corresponds to current accounting standards, such as DIN EN 16258.
To simplify logistical tasks, all types of goods are provided with their own clear NHM code. We will help you to determine the correct code.
With NHM-Codes (NHM = „Nomenclature Harmonisée Marchandises – Harmonised Goods Directory“) every individual type of good can be clearly assigned. If you do not yet know the NHM code of your transport good or do not have it to hand, you can find it using our NHM code search.
You will quickly find the relevant code using the goods sector, goods group and goods type. Vice versa, it is possible to assign the type of goods by inputting the code. The search function is available in 21 languages.